Sexual Health in Plymouth provides the following HIV services:
Care for people living with HIV
- Antiretroviral treatment and support
- Care of HIV positive pregnant women
- Specialist contraception advice and advice on starting a family
- Sexual Health Screening
advicefrom HIV nurse specialist
- Specialist clinics for co-infections such as Hepatitis B and C
- Psychology services to help adjust to living with HIV
For further information on ‘Patient Knows Best’ patient portal, speak to your HIV clinician or click here.
Pharmacy and HIV medications
When you are receiving HIV treatment from SHiP Derriford Hospital a prescription for your medications will be available at your appointment. Medications can then be collected from Lloyds Pharmacy outside by the entrance to Main Outpatients, Monday – Friday 9.00am – 6.00pm.
If you need to pre-order your prescription, please request this via the HIV Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Please Note: If you are running low on medications please contact the clinical nurse specialist or reception (on the main number or via
Before you start any new medications (prescription, ‘over the counter’ or herbal) please check with your clinician to ensure there are no interactions which your HIV drugs.
The Eddystone Trust
Apart from medical care and treatment, people living with HIV may need additional support and access to information about living with HIV. The Eddystone Trust provides this support locally. They offer a range of services which include:
- One to one support with a Community Worker on a range of issues including finances, housing, relationships, disclosure, or medication adherence
- Guidance and practical support on how to access clinical services
- Peer Support – talking to people in similar circumstances · Condoms by post – a discreet condom delivery service suppyling safer sex resources to your home
- Volunteering opportunities – for people with HIV who would like to help others in similar situations
For more information or to get in touch with Eddystone Trust call 01752 254406.